About

Adventures of my life.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Animal Training.

Has anyone who reads my blog ever done any animal training..?  I read the American Girl Saige Books and her and her friend Gabi were training Picasso for the Fiesta, they were training him tricks such as nodding his head for "yes", and shaking his head to the side for "no", curling his upper lip and doing something else for "Duh". And, they trained him to paint! It was a Picasso original! (Hehe) Saige's friend Gabi used to train her dog and her grandma's horse so she knows all about it.
I just finished this book and it made me want to train our dogs..

:) I also want to train service dogs..

I wanted to do that after reading Nicki GOTY 2007.

But that, I still wanna do.

I finshed that book not long ago. *ahem* But, I still really want to do that!

Anyways, so I'm working on training our black lab, Gunner! (I'll post a pic soon.)

Alas, tonight I broke out the dog treats, broke them into pieces, set them on a plate, trying to keep them away from Gunner, but his super sniffer sniffed them out. (Darnit)
What I did was I took a piece, keeping it behind my back in my right hand, with my left hand I curled all but my pointer finger on my left hand, (you know what I mean) and made Gunner look at my hand, then I brought my hand down to his chest, making him follow it, to make him say yes! Then, I clicked my tongue and gave him a treat.

I clicked my tongue because after a while of them getting it right, when you click, they know they did it right and they expect a treat.

But, Gabi and Saige used a clicker..

..

..

..

A real clicker.

*humph*.

Anyways, I'll keep you posted on how it goes and maybe post pics,

Lots of Love

Atira and Gunner.

No comments:

Post a Comment